Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2, 2011 Rio Hondo, Texas 7:30 pm cst  74 degrees with a light breeze

 
The boy who likes snakes has  plenty of snake here.  Matt's friend's boa constrictor is  about 12 or 13 feet long and weighs about 60 to 80 pounds.  Neil wanted Max to see this picture so Cinny or Betsy,.if you think it is appropriate..
 I want to point out that I did not take this pic as I didn't get  in the same building with that snake.
.


I am happier with Matt's dogs who are:  Fippy on the left,  Hack in the back, Oso, the big head in foreground, and the grand old lady, Sadie,on the right.

 Oso can jump the half door in the kitchen without even half trying.  He is a big doggie and a real sweetie. If I could, I would have brought him home with me.
On our last night in Fort Worth, Matt and Lori took us out to Papadeaux's  for supper. That gumbo  looks good and my Lobster stew was great.  We also had some kind of smoked oyster fondue that was three times better than it sounds .  
After dinner, we helped decorate the tree but my stomach was full and we were having a good time and I completely forgot to take a picture.  You'll have to take my word for it, it was pretty
We were really in no hurry to leave Fort Worth , but Howie, who does not play well with others, was reading the map and getting in the car so he would not have to share our attention with other dogs.  He's so spoiled.  
This is a view of the city from the street next to Matt's and Lori's...really nice quiet neighborhood but within view of downtown.

This picture was taken as we approached  Raymondville, the first big town after the King ranch area. We saw all these palms that have recently been trimmed.  Neil said, "Barbie! I think we made a bad turn.  This looks like an Indian burial ground."
All settled in  for a long winter of sunshine.
Did I mention that I love this dog?








1 comment:

  1. Note the gamers corner with the blue ethernet cable running across the floor.... UGH

    ReplyDelete