Friday, October 21, 2011

October 21, 2011

Bristol, Tennessee

Mucho heavy rain.  Not much chance for me to get out and walk and we were just starting to get into the heavy 18-wheeler traffic that I always associate with Tennessee so it seemed like a good time to stop for a few days.
The fall foliage here is as pretty as New England's this year


When the sign says a campground  has wifi, don't be fooled into thinking that it will be just like home.  I spent all last night trying to upload pictures and the on again-off again signal would cut out and I would have to start all over.  Luckily, Project Runway was on and I could watch most of the show in between uploads that I eventually lost altogether.  Also, out of boredom, I added a little Halloween touch to most of my pictures I am posting today, so you might look for those.

So, today, Friday, the sun is out and after yummy breakfast at Cracker Barrell,  we did a little loooking around . 




Do you think that after they ordered the sign and hung it up, the brothers Bare saw that it might have a second and unintentional meaning?

The south never gives up on flying this flag.  You lost.  Get over it.
There is some kind of aggressive vine here (I don't think it is Virginia creeper), that left to it's own I think would wipe out all other vegetation.  Here it is climbing up this tower.. I'm guessing 30 feet.  Stephen King could write a whole book about  that.



This is just wrong, isn't it?  I don't think Jesus would approve.

We leave here tomorrow am heading for Hot Springs, Ark, feeling refreshed and glad we stopped.
Hopefully more exciting stuff from there.






From Howie's corner
I'm so bored.

1 comment: