Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5 2011 Weatherford, Texas  8pm  cdt     57 degrees
Yesterday we went to Fossil Rim animal park which is a park where you stay in your car and the animals are free.  They are free to come and ask for food and you really had better have some.  A few of them, like this cheetah are fenced in.
 Good thing because the rest of them  stick their heads into your car begging for food and I wouldn't want the cheetah to do that.
the fallow deer begging food

his antlers prevented him from getting in but he was really trying to give Neil a kiss as a thank you, I think.




The ostrich begging food but he didn't stay around long enough to get any..something spooked him and he ran away

This is an Aoudad , an African sheep.  How would you like having him stick his head thru your window? 
I took this closeup of his horns because I thought it odd that they are not smooth  but sort of scaly, like growth rings.


This white rhino is not the endangered one, that would be the black rhino.  They have some at the park but you have to take a special tour to see the endangered species. 
but look...what's up with this foot?  Three toes and what is that little finger-like thing?

Glad we didn't have a sun roof.  This was funny because just before the giraffe got there, a lady was standing up looking out the roof, but when the giraffe stuck his head in, she ducked down and is cowering in the seat with her back to the door.
Still, the giraffes were my favorite. 
  No two have the same markings.
I took over 300 pictures but don't worry, these are all I will put up here. I have whittled them down to 30 or so for my Picasa site .  If there is any interest there, the address is'



I have not named the animals on the Picasa site, but plan to do that soon.

So it was a great day and we hope to go again to take the endangered animal tour.









No comments:

Post a Comment