Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5 2013   10 pm cst   54 chilly degrees


We revisited the windmill farm in Rio  Hondo


This was supposed to be a cool video I took at the windmill farm but blogger program  rejected my film and I havn't learned how to edit much, so this shadow of a windmill on the plowed and planted field will have to do.
Neil counted these huge bolts that hold the windmill in place-75
 
 
Monday, the workmen came to the RV to rip out the carpet and put down wood flooring so we had to be out of the camper for the day. We decided to go to Port Mansfield which is a butt numbing long ride and what people have told me was a picturesque fishing village, was a bit of a disappointment.
 
I did get a kick out of this pier with the gated access......
 
because every house had its own pier so why did he have to gate his?
maybe  to keep these deer that roam freely in the community off his very private pier.
Anyway, we drove a very long way to see a few piers and some scraggly deer and a pretty discouraging beach.  I may have been a touch judgemental about the town because there was not restaurant in town, either.
More about the new flooring when and if they get it finished.  It's two days now and not finished.....
 
.
Harvesting cabbage. 
 
I have included a picture of this unusually marked cat  before but what I didn't know  was that her name is Nancy.......named for Nancy Pelosi......you make any connection you want to there but I think it was a Republican who did the naming....maybe one who lives in my house.
 
 
 
These emergency phones are at intervals in a huge shopping mall parking  lot.  Good idea
 
 
Hmmmm  Looks like we are ready if it happens.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment