Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 18.2013  9pm cst   71 degrees

Grackle

We finally got to go to the World Birding Center on Padre Island this week.  It was too much walking for me in years past but with my fancy new bones we decided to give it a go.
The  welcome lady pointed out the butterfly garden proudly showing a new hatch of monach butterflies.  Hmm not very unusual in my book, but OK.  Nice photo anyway.
The building has an elevagtor that goes up to the 5th floor for an observatory but we didn't have time to go up. 
We just went along this very nice walkway   which goes on about a mile.
Do you think Jim Henson got the idea for Sesame Street"s  Big Bird here?
In some places, there was a porthole in the walkway where you could look down at the fish.  No fair, this is a birding center not an aquarium.
I watched these roseate spoonbills for a long time while Neil was talking to a lady whose husband  teaches firemen new techniques.  All that time those lousy birds did not look up once so you could see their bills.  Pretty  color tho, aren't they?

More info having nothing to do with birds, but I learned something.  I somehow always thought bulrushes and cattails were the same or at least similar.  Pictures here show not alike at all.
Back on the island, this sand castle in front of a big hotel.  
Why would a lawyer spend the money to put up this billboard?  How many new customers does he think he will get who were hit by a truck? (Casually called a semi by those who  are cool.......I guess)


Today I have been trying to untangle the mess behind the TV.
My dream is to live long enough to see an end to the electric cord in favor of wireless appliances.  Do I really need all that stuff?  It's a router, a modem, a roku for streaming video, a dvd player and strip for plugging all that stuff in.  Yep, I guess I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment