Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15

January 15. 2013  7pm cst   68 degrees

Neil is now chief cook and bottlewasher..also vacuum king, master of the scrub brush,
 and lifter of surprising light weight invalid.

Evidently there are some people  we actually know that have not heard me whine about my arthritis and for the very few who have asked.........................

 I have been trying to get this done for a long time and the Drs. at home were dragging their heels but when I  contacted Dr. Keillor, here in Harlingen, he said I have no  hip left and the bone was 20% out of the socket.  That was on the 21 st day of December and  the offending hip was in the bonepille by January10.

Then the next chapter of my whinning and fussing begins.   You know, you really need that knee and accompaning  muscle stuff to get around.  Command that the leg lift and it may or it may not but not without a fight. (For fight, read pain)   One thing for certain is that it will be subborn as a mule about climbing  stairs.

Chapter 2: Whining of all kinds:

Stair climbing was my task of the day.  It is really hard, especially when you think how easy it is for 2 year olds.  We live in an RV where there are steepstirs to get in,  couple of steps up to the bathroom and yet another to go to bed.  I am not allowded to get in and out of bed alone as twisting the hip might pull it out of position so  Neil has to move my legs in a straight line each and every time I get up. Who knew this was all  so complicated.?

There is one funny story from all this tho:

My Dr. is a tell-it-like-it-is kind of guy and he also is quite a prima donna.
So when I woke up in post- op he came in and said:  You did well dear, everything went well.
Then as he was leaving  he turned back and said,

"If I had made that cut on me I would have had to cut through 1 inch of fat.  On You I had to cut through 5 inches of fat.   You have a fat butt.
He demonstrated  with five fingers just so there would be no misunderstanding or forgetfullness about how much fat on my butt.

Weak and sorry for my inadaquecies, I said, "Well, I did lose 5 pounds for this."
"No" , He says,  " I think you have always had a fat butt."

You gott laugh at  someone who cannot see what kind of bedside manner that is. I understand he is a great surgeon and I did not hire him to be my BFF.

Well, if Neil doesn't have enough to do with taking care of me, he has decided that it is best to cook for the dog and every week he buys chicken, potatoes and carrots, cooks them all individuallly, makes a big mixture of it, puts in baggies and freezes them so he can take two out a day for doggie meals.


Just a final laugh.  I have wanted to collect all the clever sayings on church signstht try to entice you into church, but this one has me a little baffeled.
Here is Psalm 19 and I cannot see the connection.

Psalm 19

David testifies, The heavens declare the glory of God, the law of the Lord is perfect, and the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
 The aheavens bdeclare the cglory of God; and the firmament 

No comments:

Post a Comment