Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 21, 2013  730 pm cst  61 degrees
I like this tree that sits on someone's front lawn.  Wonder how long it has been there.  I haven't been able to find out what kind of trees it is.
I did however, find out what a slot fish is.  Certain game fish have a range of inches in which the fish is legal to catch.
The range is called the slot, hence slot fish.  Only cool fishermen call them that, I think.
. i.e.  " Yeah, fished all day and only got me  couple of slots."
 Operation Game Thief------- I think the Game Wardens are FBI  wannabes.


  
This is Cary who has the neatest toys.
He has a Rouch Mustang and a Corvette, and two more cars that are cool that I  have never seen, but this week he bought a Segway.   
He offered to let me try it, but I'm still  just barely able to walk with a walker, so...no. 
 I have wanted one for a long time, tho.  It does take a little practice, he says.  The forward movement is controlled primarily with your ankles.  You just sort off shift your weight.  Lean back a little to go backwards.

I am past the first two weeks that are the hardest after the hip replacement, but  that doesn't mean that I am doing much walking.  It isn't so uncomfortable now but stairs are a BUGGER. 
Neil has to boost me up on some of them.  Good thing I have my big butt for easy pushing.  heh

Mighty brief but I haven't been out much this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment